Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Leave Travel Concession -CCS Rules



Leave Travel Concession Rules
as per 6th CPC - (w.e.f. 01.09.2008)
1. LTC Rules is allowed all Government servants irrespective of the distance between headquarters and their home town.
2. LTC Rules is allowed Hometown" means the town, village or any other place declared as such by the servant and accepted by the controlling officer.
3. LTC Rules is allowed only to those who have completed one year of service on the date of journey.
4. LTC Rules is allowed for self and family.
5. LTC Rules is allowed only to the family (in the case of an employee under suspension).
6. LTC Rules is allowed to journey to “Home Town” once in a block of two years.
7. LTC Rules is allowed journey to “Any place in India” once in a block of four years.
8. LTC Rules is allowed to expression "any place in India" will cover any place within the territory of India whether it is on the mainland, or overseas.
9. LTC Rules is allowed journey to “Any place in India” in lieu of one journey to Home Town.
10. LTC Rules is allowed availing during all leave periods
(Earn/Casual/S.Casual/Study/Maternity/Paternity).
11. LTC Rules is allowed all journeys to travel by Rail/Road/Air/Ship.
12. LTC Rules is allowed privilege not availed during a block may be availed before end of the next year.
13. LTC Rules is allowed allow family members independently in any number of batches.
14. LTC Rules is allowed traveling to “Any place in India” the employee and or members of the family may travel either to the same place or different places of their choice.
15. LTC Rules is allowed traveling to visit “Any place in India” or can visit his same Home Town also.
16. LTC Rules is allowed in the same two-year block, some members of family can avail Home Town concession while other “Any place in India”.
17. LTC Rules is allowed reimbursement by the entitled class or actually traveled class, whichever is less.
18. LTC Rules is allowed 90 per cent of the anticipated reimbursement amount may be granted as advance.
19. LTC Rules is allowed Grade Pay holders of Rs.2400,2600 and 2800 can go AC-II Tier class by train.
20. LTC Rules is allowed Grade Pay holders of below Rs.2400 can go AC-III Tier / First Class / AC-Chair Car class by train.

Earned Leave Encashment Facility :-
1. Earned Leave up to a maximum of ten days at a time may be enchased, subject to the condition that at least an equivalent duration of Earned Leave.

2. This is limited to a maximum of 60 days during the entire career and the total number of days so enchased will not be included for computing maximum quantum of leave encashable at the time of quitting service.
3. The balance at credit should be but less than 30 days after deducting the total of leave availed plus leave for which encashment was availed.
4. Where both husband and wife are government servants, encashment of leave will continue to be available to both, subject to maximum limit of 60 days.

Block Year :-
1. The LTC to home town is allowed once in a block of two calendar years, such as 2006-2007, 2008-2009 and so on.
2. The LTC to “Any Place in India” is allowed once in a block of four calendar years, such as 2006 - 2009 and so on.

Husband and Wife
When both the husband and wife are Central Government servants:
1. They can declare separate Home Town independently.
2. They can claim LTC for their respective families, viz,. While the husband can claim for his parents / minor brothers / sisters, the wife can avail for her parents / minor brother / sisters.
3. Either of the parents can claim the concession for the children in a particular block;
4. The husband / wife who avails LTC as a member of the family of the spouse, cannot claim independently for SELF.

Family – definition
1. The Government servant’s wife or husband and two surviving unmarried children or stepchildren wholly dependent on the Government servant, irrespective of whether they are residing with the Government servant or not.
2. Married daughters divorced, abandoned or separated from their husbands and widowed daughters and are residing with the Government servant and wholly dependent on the Government servant.
3. Parents and / or step-parents (stepfather and stepmother) whole dependent on the Government servant, whether residing with the Government servant or not:
4. Unmarried minor brothers as well as unmarried divorced abandoned, separated from their husbands or widowed sisters residing with and wholly dependent on the Government servant provided their parents are either not alive or are themselves wholly dependent on the Government servant.

Change of Home Town
“The hometown once declared and accepted by the controlling officer shall be treated as final. In exceptional circumstances, the Head of the Department or if the Government servant himself is the Head of the Department, the Administrative Ministry, may authorise a change in such declaration provided that such a change shall not be made more than once during the service of a Government servant.”


The CCS Rule allow an employee to change the Permanent Address given in their Service Records for once in their service.

The employee can apply for this through their respective Head of Section enclosing the relationship and residential proof of the new address.
Care to be taken before applying for the change of address as this facility will be available only once in their service. After changing the Permanent Address the employee is eligible to apply for Home Town LTC.
Those employees who are residing on the outskirts of their work place, automatically they are ineligible for LTC HomeTown. For the benefit of these employees, a male employee can give the address of his wife’s native place or opposite, after the marriage of son or daughter, their residing place like that…
But the respective Head of Section has the right to turndown the application.

36 comments:

Geeth March 25, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

Me and my husband are Central Govt. Employees working in the same Organisation, Ordnance Factory. From the recent amendments in LTC rules what I understood is Both Wife and Husband can encash a maximum of 10 days EL (in one spell) irrespective of who is availing the LTC ( i want to proceed on LTC with my Husband and child. I have given the declaration that I will be availing LTC, not my husband. Since I don't have much leave to encash, my husband wants to encash his 10 days leave. But i was informed that he can not encash since he is not the one availinf LTC.)Pl. Clarify

mahaveer July 13, 2009 at 3:59 PM  

Please clarify about the eligibility of new recruits. Whether they are eligible for LTC every year i.e. four times in a block of four years.

ankur July 27, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

I AM A UDC WORKING IN DOORDARSHAN NEWS AND IN THE PAY BAND OF 5200-20200 WITH GRADE PAY OF 2400 PM. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHETHER I AM ELIGIBLE FOR GETTING AC 2 TIER IN TRAIN WHILE GOING FOR LTC. KINDLY CLARIFY THE THINGS IMMEDIALTE
V SOMESHWAR SHARMA
DD NEWS

Sridhar Gutam August 12, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

Does any one have the order of DoPT,s intimation to the Department of Telecommunication :- Swamysnews June, 2009, page No-33, Sl.No- 179- (i) The Government servants who have not completed 8 years of service as on 1-9-2008 are entitled for this concession as per their entitlement.

GYAAN GURU August 26, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

i intend to avai LTC to any place in india for the block year 2006-2009, My declared place of visit is DURGAPUR , as i am entitled to travel by air(GRADE PAY- 5400) i want to go to calcutta by AIR and than to DURGAPUR by Train, is it admissible as per LTC rules for central govt. and will get full reimbursement in full

O.P. GOYAL
Sr ACCOUNTS OFFICER
GWALIOR M.P.

rock November 6, 2009 at 8:10 PM  

I am to avail LTC from 28th Dec.2009 to 5th Jan. 2010 for the block year 2006-09.I want to know wether I avail PTO (NE Regions) from 27th Feb. to 5th March 2010 for the block year 2010-11.
Thanking you

Dr. Jagdish Prasad
Central Govt. Employee

Shubhangee November 17, 2009 at 5:22 PM  

In the rules , its is mention for both husband and wife working in central government, what is the rule if one of them is working in private sector

Mrs.S.R.Rao

Santhi Ganess November 21, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

i would like to know whether i can return on 03/01/2010 after awailing LTC for going to jaipur from chennai from 24/12/2009 ,utilising 2006-2009 block.
also since there are are no direct flights from chennai ,all via new delhi or bombay, will i still be able to claim the economy fare from chennai to jaipur via delhi?
pls clarify.
ganess,LECTURER

sb November 24, 2009 at 3:05 PM  

sir i am working in Dept. of Post. I was permitted to avail LTC for the block year 2006-2009 from 29.09.09 to 17.10.09 with EL. I was availed the tour, but now I want no to claim LTC, I want to avail LTC next year. Neither I was claiming any advance, nor any bill submitted for the purpose. Is it possible for me to avail LTC for the period 2006-09 with one year extension in 2010.

subramanian December 15, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

sir, Iam retaired railway servent.now i am having two sets of privilege pass from railways My wife who is working in CENTRAL MARINE FISHERIES RESEARCH INSTITUTE MANDAPAM RAMANATHAPURAM DISTRICT. SIR, Is she avail LTC for my children (two number) and myself? pl. clarify my doubt.

Naresh Kumar January 20, 2010 at 9:59 PM  

I have three wholly dependent unmarried children aged 19,16 & 10.Will I be eligible for LTC for three children?

o.p.sharma,  February 10, 2010 at 11:28 AM  

The definition of family should be elaborated as two serviving children may be meant as two children only (May be out of four serviving children)or in case of four serviving children none of the children would be eligible to avail LTC benifit.

Anonymous,  February 20, 2010 at 1:50 AM  

sir,i am a central govt employee with grade pay 4200/-.my inlaws are wholly dependent on me and my husband.Do they come inthe definition of family for the purpose of LTC claim.malathi

Anonymous,  February 20, 2010 at 4:32 PM  

iam working as prt in kvs and want to know whether iam entitle for my father's ltc as he is an ex-serviceman and getting pansion of Rs.5000

babu March 29, 2010 at 5:49 PM  

In swamy's handbook, it states that an official appointed on 31.12.2006 will be eligible for the two year block 2006-07, but those appointed on or after 1.1.2007, will not be elibible for that block.
If so, a direct recruit Assistant appointed on 7.7.2008, will he be eligible for LTC for the block year 2008-09.

SHAH April 9, 2010 at 11:52 AM  

I am working in Department of Post as a senior accountant with grade pay 4200. I have booked indian airlines economy class tickets for N-E region i e Ahmedabad to Bagdogara & same for return journey. Tickets booked for Ahmedabad-Delhi is under LTC80 while from Delhi-Bagdogara is under LTCQ class & same to Bagdogara-Delhi. Our administration objects LTCQ class stating that it is not for central government employees class & restricts ticket amounts to LTC80. Pl focus what is the difference between LTC80 & LTCQ class. Indian Airlines said that LTCQ class is for government employees class

Anonymous,  April 23, 2010 at 9:20 PM  

what is the procedure and documents required to avail family pension for widowed daughters in ordnance fatories?

Anonymous,  April 23, 2010 at 9:22 PM  

who is the certifying authority to certify that the daughter is not married to avail the family pension by widowed daughters in ordnance factories?

ranjit May 5, 2010 at 6:53 PM  

Can I avail AC-II Tier while availing LTC HT/All India as I am getting the GP of 2800/-. Also let me know can I travel by any private/IA flight during availing NER Spl LTC which is extended for 2 years. Please clarify these two points.

ranjit May 5, 2010 at 6:58 PM  

Sir, I am getting the GP 2800 in Central Govt in Stenographer cadre in ACP after completion of 10 years of regular service. I would like to clarify me that before ACP in Stenographers cadre there was no GP of 2800/-. On completion of ACP the STenographers always jumps to his next higher GP I.E. Rs.4200/-. Is there any proposal for change in the GP of Rs.2800/-.

Bhushan May 12, 2010 at 7:45 PM  

Sir I am Bhushan working BARC Central Govt. Employee I am getting married on 6th June 2010. Can I claim for LTC (Other than Home Town) with my wife after marriage. She is House wife
I intimate to the department before marriage. I dont want any LTC advance. I will claim for LTC after Journey.

Pl. clerify me
Thanking You.

mohinderpal May 14, 2010 at 9:38 PM  

Respected sir

I am working in Group B in M/O Defence NHQ west Block R.K.Puram, Please let me know whether I can go one again to North East as I had availed one LTC in the year 2008 to North East.

2. Is it necessary to purchase ticket from Balmer Lawrie and company Ltd or from Ashoka tours and travels as mentioned in your Cir.No. 31011/2/2006-Estt (A) dated North Block.New Delhi, 24th April 2006 and ministry of finance f.No.19024/1/E.IV/2005 dtd.24.03.2006. para 3 sub para viii

3. Whether we can travel in Economy class Y class Air india.

4 Whether we can travel by any private Airlines if we purchase ticket from Balmer
lawrie and co. ltd or From Ashoka tours and travels.

Please clarify the above and oblige

Brij Mohan Singh

AVINASH PUSHKARNA May 30, 2010 at 10:37 PM  

I am a central Government employee. I wish to know if travel abroad can I get the compensation through LTC rules. Would goverment reimburse the maximum LTC benefit for the farthest place from Delhi.
Kindly clarify.

Avinash Pushkarna

neeru June 11, 2010 at 9:52 AM  

I am Central Government Employee drawing salary under Grade pay of Rs. 4200. Being an unmarried female employee, would my parents cover under the definition of "Family" for the purposes of LTC? Further, my parents are wholly dependent on me.

sunit July 14, 2010 at 10:22 AM  

I want to avail ltc from DELHI to PORTBLAIR via CHENNAI and back via BANGALORE to DELHI by air (entitled).Can I do so if the fare is equal to ltc 80 fare.

Anonymous,  September 11, 2010 at 2:27 PM  

Hi, This is Kunal I have joined on 3rd april 2009 as mazdoor, I want to avail LTC to Portblair from Siliguri. I have a son aged nearly 2 and half year, I am not clear wheather I will get the fare of flight for my son and what amt is claimable as LTC for our ticket if I avail flight from Kolkata to Portblair?

GEETHA SUNIL September 12, 2010 at 12:49 AM  

In case of woman employee declared her father in law and mother in law as dependent, then LTC /LLTC rules are applicable to them or not. Please quote office order

Geetha Ranchi

Anonymous,  September 17, 2010 at 8:53 PM  

sir please clarify whether i can convert ALL INDIA LTC to visit jammu and khasmir as per DOPT OM 31011/2/2003 dt 18/6/2010 by air

pawan singh September 27, 2010 at 7:20 PM  

Sir,
I have taken 02 Home town claim for year 2008-09 and 2010-11.Can I entitled for all India claim.


Pawan

srinivas.v October 4, 2010 at 5:47 PM  

I had utlise LTC in the year 2009 for HOME TOWN in the block year. Now we came to know that the Block year has been extended for one year. Now can I utilise LTC Any Place in INDIA during this block year. Kindly Advice me.

kamal November 3, 2010 at 1:21 PM  

Sir, I am residing at Faridabad or i can say my hometown is faridabad. How can I claim the concession of LTC 80 in leiu of surrending of one block of my hometown LTC because I am working in New Delhi and daily I came to my office from home town and I never avail hometown LTC during the entire period of service. Kindly advice me. Also, how can I awail home town LTC.

Anonymous,  November 5, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

IS THERE ANY AGE LIMIT FOR UNMARRRIED AND DEPENDENT CHILDREN?

ramasamy November 11, 2010 at 10:49 AM  

I have one doubt, I transfer from Chennai to Bangalore during Sep. 2010. After releaving from Chennai office and I joined next day at Bangalore office. As per rules, I am eligible for getting EL grant during the transfer. Now, I want to avail LTC. I can avail the EL grant leave during my LTC or I can avail seperately those kind of leave. Please clarify my doubt.

ramasamy November 11, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

My office friend wants to apply for LTC. Female employee can avail LTC, her parents-in-law instead of her parents. As per swamy book's, her parents are eligible for female employee, for male his parents are elegible. She declared her family members including her parents-in-law. Please clarify.

solai November 30, 2010 at 10:08 PM  

I am working in DDK Coimbatore and I am under transfer to LPTV Erode. I will be relieved on 1/12/2010. I had applied for All India LTC on 26/11/2010. I Like to combine the LTC with Trasnfer and like to avail 7 to 10 days EL with Joining time. My office says that there is no such rules and they are not ready to sanction. the relieving office or the office which i am going to join which has the power to sanction my LTC. and which office has the power sanction my EL encashment. please give me details and necessary orders.

yours truly


S.Kannan
Asst. Engineer

Pankaj December 9, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

I am working Ordanance Factory , Ambajhari Nagpur and my jonding oct2009( 1 year ) My quary it is possible As per rules, I am eligible for getting all india LTC on Dec 2010 blok year 2006-2009