Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Dearness Allowance is the most eagerly awaited subject now-a-days by the Central government employees…



Dearness Allowance is the most eagerly awaited subject now-a-days by the Central government employees…

In the past, after getting job in the Central government establishments, they wait for promotion to gain some financial benefits… But today employees eagerly awaits for the announcement of Dearness Allowance twice a year, because…

Even if an employee gets a promotion after a prolonged time, the grade pay and increment is very meager. From Rs.1900 to 2000, from 2400 to 2800, from 4200 to 4600 and from 4600 to 4800….so on, the hike in pay is in between Rs.100 to Rs.400 only and so the financial benefits are not upto their expectation.

The annual increment is only 3% of the basic pay, but the DA which is announced twice a year is much more than that as the DA from January to July 2010 was 8% and from July to Dec was 10% which total of 18%.

The Central government announces the DA as per the recommendations of the Labour Bureau which calculates the prices of different essential commodities at different places. There was incidence of government announcing 12% of additional Dearness Allowance once and 1% additional Dearness Allowance on another occasion. Hence, everyone wants to know the calculations taken for DA in deep.

In the next year – 2011, the DA from January to June will be around 6%. It can be increased upto 7% which depends upon the AICPIN. Anyway, the total DA will surely cross the 50% to 51%or 52% for which the Central Government Employees have to wait for some times.

Source: CGELN

4 comments:

krishnan December 15, 2010 at 4:37 PM  

I joined in Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti-27/01/2004. My Pay fixed as 10890. My Pay anomaly fixed as 12540 wef 10-04-20007.increment given only July 2008.Post Graduate Teavchers whose pay fixed on 09-01-06 got increment in July 2006. If so am i not eligible for Increment in July 2007 ?

Anonymous,  December 15, 2010 at 5:22 PM  

DA is not a matter of eagerness but the price hike is sensitizing us more...


DA is not sufficient to meet the price hike ratios simultaneously, we gets DA after 6 months calculation while price are rising daily basis, is it not so in our daily life experience. we go to purchase potatoes,onions for Rs. 15-20 and when we see the subzi mandi we get it 35-40, this is very much alarming to us....

Anonymous,  December 15, 2010 at 10:22 PM  

Why such a hurry!!!
Government may rethink over the basket value....

Damodara Naidu,  December 17, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

If the Govt.controls the prices at a level nobody sees eagerly for DA. In order to meet the incresed cost of living at least partially the employees are awaiting for DA.